Friday 9 March 2012

A Little Modernism

Based on a basic technique from a children's art book, I created these works with oil pastel as resist and black India Ink. The images may look familiar to anyone who is familiar with my etching on metal for jewellery ( see http://metriksdesign.com/?page_id=59 ).
  Now they look totally different in color with black borders. This technique worked so well that I explore it in my next few works that will be appearing in the next few days. The look, style and cohesiveness of this piece is such that if I were producing for a market I would explore this a whole lot more, but this is just for fun, so I do a page and move on to something else. Stay tuned to find out how I incorporate this style with other media to create journal pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment