Friday 2 March 2012

My First Attempt

"Things Which Matter Most Must Not Be at the Mercy of Things Which Matter Least"
So this was my first page.  I started by painting out the background and putting down a gel transfer from the same National Geographic article as my cover, Other than that I didn't have a plan for what I was going to do.  I think it kind of shows.  I had seen many examples of integrating text into the page and so I used the phrase "things which matter most must not be at the mercy of things that matter least."  It was a phrase that I heard in 7 habits of highly effective people by Stephen Covey and thought it very applicable to me as I always seemed to be diverted from my priorities by one thing or another. Note the fortune cookies, "Family is more important than money." (if you have money) and "This year your highest priority will be your family." (I get the hint).

The tuck tape on the left is simply there to hold the page in the book as constant looking at my early work caused the page to fall apart.  Overall this was a lot of fun and a great introduction to the art of journalling, but next time my page will be more cohesive.



No comments:

Post a Comment